The Health Care Foundation of North Mississippi fuels the mission of North Mississippi Health Services by supporting patient assistance, growing the next generation of health care heroes through scholarships, and community giving. Our heart lies in patient assistance. Because of your donations, we are able to offer hope and healing like this:
• A single father who was undergoing daily chemotherapy had run out of time off at work and was let go. He was unable to afford his utility bills plus the cost of treatment, so the fund paid his utilities for a few months so he could keep his children in a home with electricity.
• Our social worker noticed a patient’s worn out shoes, and discovered he was walking 15 miles to and from treatment every day. The fund provided gas cards and new walking shoes for him.
• A young man who had a heart attack needed an expensive piece of equipment for a few months to help him recover. After insurance and other avenues had been exhausted, he still needed one month covered. HCF covered it, and he is now healthy and back to work.
• Parents of a baby born at the NMMC Women’s Hospital weren’t expecting a NICU stay. Through Eddie’s Fund, we were able to provide them hot meals, and send them home with a monitor that helps them keep an eye on their fragile new baby in the comfort of home.
• A mother was discharged after recovering from COVID-19 and delivering a baby while intubated, but couldn’t afford the necessary medication to help her continue to get well.
Our social workers used HCF funds to cover her medication, so she could focus on her
new baby and celebrate her recovery.
• And so much more!
Best of all, 100% of your donations stay here, in your community to help your friends, neighbors and family. No administrative or overhead costs are ever taken out of donations, so your money goes as far as possible.