At North Mississippi Health Services, who we are matters. We spend our days providing the best care possible to our patients, no matter their life circumstances. Extraordinary patient- and family-centered care begins with our employees. More than 3,500 employees donate to the Health Care Foundation of North Mississippi each year. The Health Care Foundation fuels our organization’s mission by supporting everything from patient assistance, health career scholarships, diabetes education and children’s health programs to innovations in patient care. Giving to the Health Care Foundation of North Mississippi is how we help our patients and our community beyond our walls.
Our organization’s mission is simple: we exist to continuously improve the health of the people of our region. We know the coronavirus pandemic has caused economic uncertainty for many in our region, and the Health Care Foundation is more committed than ever to helping those affected by that crisis – whether it be front-line workers, those who fought the illness, or those whose financial situation has been impacted.
The people of our health care organization are parents, friends, siblings, confidants, volunteers, cheerleaders and healers. They are the very infrastructure that supports our community, and they continue to care for our patients and families with grace, integrity and compassion.
The Health Care Foundation of North Mississippi exists to support the continued improvement of the health of the people of this region. Those people are:
Your Community. Our Mission.
With your pledge of $5 or more per pay period, you become a member of the HCF CARES Club and join thousands of your coworkers in making a difference for our communities.
- A special-edition HCF T-shirt that you can wear to work every Friday during the campaign, and on the first Friday of every month year-round (approved by Human Resources).
- A lapel pin
- Quarterly updates from HCF on what your gifts have made possible
- Pride in knowing you a truly making a difference in your community.
About HCF Patient Assistance Funds
HCF has funds specific for heart disease, cancer, diabetes, neonatal intensive care and others. Here are just a few examples of the ways we are able to provide life-changing hope to our patients when they need it most:
- Help purchase expensive medical equipment that isn’t covered by insurance
- Provide much-needed anti-nausea medication for patients undergoing chemotherapy
- Purchase bus tickets for family members to be able to visit a patient at the end of life
- Pay utility bills for someone who isn’t able to afford their medical bills plus their regular expenses
- Buy gas cards for patients who live outside Tupelo and can’t afford the gas to drive back and forth daily for chemotherapy or radiation treatments
- Help someone who needs to get out of a dangerous home situation into safe housing
- Pay for hotel stays and other necessities for parents of a NICU baby
- Provide screening mammograms for uninsured patients
…and so much more. We are so thankful for the generous support of our employees.
Making dreams come true!
The Health Care Foundation of North Mississippi and North Mississippi Health Services help local students reach their goals through scholarship funding. We provide several academic scholarships for those pursuing health careers throughout our service area, as well as several scholarships in memory of those who have made a lasting impact on our organization. Visit www.nmhsfoundation/scholarships to learn more.
Have you heard?
The Health Care Foundation of North Mississippi helps more than 100 NMHS employees every year through the Good Neighbor Employee Assistance Fund, which provides emergency assistance during a crisis from an illness, accident, fire, storm or other catastrophic life event. Giving $1 per pay period to the Good Neighbor Employee Assistance Fund allows us to support your fellow employees through difficult times. Visit www.nmhsfoundation.org/employee-assistance for more information.
When I give to the Foundation, how is my gift used?
The Health Care Foundation of North Mississippi NEVER uses funds raised for administrative or overhead costs. Every dollar goes to the donor’s intended purpose. Social workers throughout our system use patient assistance funds to help patients in need, and scholarship recipients are chosen by a diverse committee based on grades, ACT scores, personal recommendations and essay submissions. Above all, we strive to be good stewards of the gifts you generously give and ensure those gifts are making the greatest impact on our community.
If you have questions, please email or call us at (662) 377-3613.